With summer on it’s way, so follows the long awaited bathing suit season. Don’t let water damaged hair be the “mane” attraction! Chlorine, salt, heat and water can cause tremendous strain on your hair if it’s not properly managed. Here are 5 ways to protect your hair while swimming:
1. Wet your hair before swimming! Dampening your hair before swimming will lessen the opportunity for salt, chlorine and other chemicals from soaking into your hair.
2. Condition with Coconut Oil -A little bit of coconut oil goes a long way! It makes it easier to get a swim cap on and off and helps your hair dry faster and reduces the damage and smell from chlorine in pool water. A table spoon or two should do the trick! Allergic to coconuts? Try another natural oil.
3. Wear a Cap! Find the most fabulous swim cap you can and commit to wearing it! While it may not keep your hair entirely dry, it does help to protect your hair from chlorine and salt.
4. Secure your Hair – Braid it, pin it, whatever you do – tame it under that cap! Hair left wild will surely tangle which could cause breakage.
5. Shampoo/Rinse Afterwards – Always shampoo and or rinse your hair after you’ve left the water. (Salt water, be sure to shampoo) Removing toxins and salt from your hair is a must!
We hope you found these tips helpful!! Stay fabulous and enjoy the summer!
Calling All Stylists!
Join us for an evening of fun and education as we present….
Styled to Slay
SmartWeft Launch Party and Seminar
The Crystal Tea Room
Featuring Special Guests:
Vivica A. Fox
Of Bravo’s Fashion Queens
& Real Housewives of Atlanta
With Sounds By: DJ Kyra Chaos
Hosted by: Mina Say What of Power 99’s Rise N’ Grind Morning Show.
Enjoy- Complimentary Cocktails, Gourmet Fare, Give-A-Ways, Celebrity Meet and Greets
Dancing, Pop-Up Shops and A Winner Take All Stylist Competition.
Dress to Impress. Dress is Upsacle and Fashionable.
Most weave lovers have one thing in common. As we discover what fits us, we slowly abandon the wefted hair and substitute it for a wig. Not only are they time savers; wigs are often cheaper and give the desired look with none of the labor. They come in a variety of styles, textures, densities, and hues. On the off chance that we are unable to purchase a wig that will produce our desired look, we will pay for hair to be customized or make the wigs ourselves whether they be half wigs, full wigs, or wigs with a closure. I personally prefer a closure because I can achieve my desired look and make it look natural. Fortunately for me, my first wig was my favorite. Take a look at Ember-V from the Vivica Fox Hair Collection.
Ember-V is a lacefront with 20 inches of gorgeous, layered, loose spiral curls. I honestly wish I took quality pictures of the unit when she arrived because the stock photo does not do her justice. She is also made with high quality Remi Hair. I mean, she is the type of girl that you want to take everywhere. She was a perfect fit, framed my face perfectly and was so easy to style. I’ve had Ember-V since August of 2011 and we’ve had an eventful journey together.
Ember has been good to me since 2011. We’re in 2014 and I still wear her. I feel as if I may never get rid of her, but I know it’s only a matter of time before I have to replace her. I’m thinking of trying Bellagio by the end of the year because she looks promising and I hope she will be just as big a joy to have around.