- Gently brush the wig thoroughly with a robber tipped or ceramic wig brush.
- Add one tablespoon of sulfate free wig shampoo to a sink filled with cold or luke-warm water.
- Immerse wig for one minute and pat gently. Do not rub.
- Rinse the wig gently in cold clear water twice or until thoroughly rinsed.
- Blot the wig gently with a towel. Do not squeeze or wring.
- Apply conditioning leave-in spray very lightly over wig, spraying 10-12 inches from the wig.
- Allow the wig to air dry on a slender object like a can of hairspray or a shampoo bottle covered with a hand towel. Styrofoam heads may stretch the cap.
- Do not use a hair dryer. Air dry only. You may gently style the wig with your fingertips.
- Brush wig only when completely dry. Do not allow the wig to dry in direct sunlight.
- Use a light holding spray (IC Hair Spray-Fantasia).
- When brushing start from ends and gradually move upwards towards the scalp.
- Use a liquid foam wrap to set hair with rollers and dryer.
- Do keep wig on mannequin head to keep shape.
- Don’t use excessive heat.
- Don’t use heavy sprays and oil. This will cause matting and tangling.
- Don’t sweat excessively (if exercising it is best to opt for human hair), cook with boiling water or oven related areas.
- With a static-control brush such as ceramic or rubber tipped, brush the wig gently from the end to the top of the wig.
- If your hair gets tangled, use a Leave-in spray conditioning and gently remove it without pulling hard.
- For curly wigs, gently finger comb individual curl to prevent the curls from unraveling.
- DO NOT BRUSH THE HAIR WHILE WET
- The best way to style any synthetic heat resistant fibers is to use a flat iron on heat setting between 350-390 F preferably depending on your flat iron.
- To make curl in hair start by twisting the hair around the flat iron. After hair is completely wound to end release hair and hold curl in hand for 3-5 sec to secure curl, and then let it go.
- Complete until whole head is done and style.
- When styling depends on weather, you can spray a little hair spray before curling that will make the curl last longer and keep the hair from frizzing.
Hopefully these tips were helpful! Stay Fabulous Girlfriends!!